Website Visitors - Like most website operators, MedForums, Inc. collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. MedForums, Inc.'s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how MedForums, Inc.'s visitors use its website. From time to time, MedForums, Inc. may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
MedForums, Inc. also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on https://www.medforums.com blog posts. MedForums, Inc. only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information - Certain visitors to MedForums, Inc.'s websites choose to interact with MedForums, Inc. in ways that require MedForums, Inc. to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that MedForums, Inc. gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who sign up for an account at https://www.medforums.com to provide a full name, credentials, email address, occupation, and specialty.
What Information Do We Collect About You? We may collect the following personal information from you:
· MedForums collects personal information from you when you visit a site and/or send us information or communications. Some portions of this interaction may require you to give us personal information such as your full name, credentials, email address, occupation, and specialty. job title, company, physical mailing address, and telephone number (and, if applicable, financial information such as your credit card information for, without limitation, (i) purchase of resources available on MedForums; and (ii) subscriptions to our service offerings.
· When you leave a review for a resource listed on MedForums, your name, credentials, and review become MedForums intellectual property and the review is publically available to view. The review can be used in full, or in part, on the MedForums website, social media, blog, and affiliate company’s sites.
· If you communicate with us by e-mail, post messages to any of our chat groups, social media, blog or forums, or otherwise complete online forms, surveys, or contest entries, we may collect any personal information you provide in such communications.
· If you elect to provide us with personal information, we use it primarily to deliver the service you requested. In order to deliver our services, we may append the information provided to us by third parties to help us provide you with a more relevant user experience.
· As you browse the MedForums offerings, MedForums collects log file, IP address of your computer, and other standard tracking data we use to evaluate MedForums traffic and usage patterns. We may use such information and/or your profile information to personalize the MedForums experience. In addition, such information is aggregated with tracking data from all MedForums visitors. We may use such aggregated information to customize MedForums according to preferences based on the aggregated information. We also use the aggregated information to evaluate products and services we may offer to you and share it with third-party advertisers, content producers, and sponsors so that they may provide more tailored product offerings.
· If you submit financial information, we use that information primarily to verify your credit and collect payments for your purchases, orders, registrations, etc. For some transactions, we will retain the last four digits of the credit card number solely for customer service purposes. MedForums uses a third party to process credit card transactions and does not store credit card information.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information - MedForums, Inc. discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on MedForums, Inc.'s behalf or to provide services available at MedForums, Inc.'s website, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using MedForums, Inc.'s website, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. MedForums, Inc. will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, MedForums, Inc. discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when MedForums, Inc. believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of MedForums, Inc., third parties or the public at large.
If you are a registered user of https://www.medforums.com and have supplied your email address, MedForums, Inc. may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what's going on with MedForums, Inc. and our products. We primarily use our blog to communicate this type of information, so we expect to keep this type of email to a minimum. If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. MedForums, Inc. takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
How Do We Use Your Information? - We will use your personal information for the following purposes:
· To provide you with the products, resources, information and services you have requested and to communicate with you about those products, resources, information and services.
· To design additional products, resources, information and services for customers’ use.
· To let you know about any products, resources, information and services which we believe may be of interest to you. You will always be able to unsubscribe or opt-out of receiving these messages.
· To work with our business partners, sponsors, advertisers and affiliates to provide you with information you have selected or that we feel may be of interest to you. Unsubscribing is easy if the information is no longer useful to you. These arrangements help us to provide some of our services for free.
· To invite you to participate in sponsored informational programs
· To provide you with advertisements, promotions or sponsored content based on information connected to your personal information such as your profession, occupation, and specialty.
· To invite you to share your opinions and comments via the MedForums review platform.
· To conduct surveys and/or market research purposes related to any of the above.
· We may share information about your engagement with any of our services including receipt of, and/or action related to our emails, activity on our sites including content and/or advertisements viewed and actions taken or Personal Information otherwise provided by you and we may combine and link user data from other sources.
· Your reviews of resources left on MedForums are shared publicly on the MedForums platform, social media, blog, and affiliate sites.
· Unless you opt-out, we may share your personal information with MedForums’s affiliates, partners, sponsors, advertisers and third parties licensed or permitted to access your personal information.
· We will share your Personal Information with our third-party suppliers who need to process your data to deliver the services you have requested or consented to receive. These suppliers are required under contract not to use Personal Information supplied by us other than to provide the services requested by us and to guarantee to our satisfaction that they have sufficient processes in place to ensure the security of your data whilst it is in their care. You expressly consent to the sharing of your Personal Information with our contractors, affiliates and third party service suppliers for the purpose of providing services to you. MedForums will share user data with the accredited provider(s) of CME/CE activities in which users participate, and/or medical education and communications companies who assisted in the development of CME/CE activities in which users participate.
· In order to comply with the Federal CAN-SPAM Act of 2003, we also may provide lists of customers who have opted-out of email promotion for MedForums products to other companies, so they can be removed from mailings those companies sent on MedForums’s behalf. In addition, if you unsubscribe from a mailing we send to our own list on behalf of a third party, your removal instruction may also be supplied to the third party and added to their own suppression file. If you continue receiving email after opting out, please contact us at admin@MedForums.com.
· We may buy or sell business assets. If we are selling an asset or assets, including website (s) which are acquired by another company, personal, usage and financial information may be transferred as part of the change of ownership.
· We may provide aggregated usage or tracking information collected from MedForums offerings to third parties.
Security - The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. MedForums also uses password encryption to protect your privacy when you register for newsletters, resources, and other MedForums related media.
How We Secure Your Personal Information - We believe our products should be safe and secure for all our users. In order to fulfill this, we treat security as our top priority and guide our decisions based on this principle. MedForums takes commercially reasonable precautions to protect your information. When appropriate, we use SSL encryption technology on MedForums and a secure server to encrypt information transmitted between your browsers and our server. As a result, data you submit to MedForums such as credit card and payment information is transmitted using commercially reasonable security over the Internet.
Updates to Your Information
Updating Visitor Information - You have the option of accessing, correcting, updating and modifying your personal information or visitor profile, at any time and as often as desired. If you desire to delete your personal information, please contact us at custserv@MedForumsmedia.com.
Update Your Newsletter Subscriptions - You can opt-in to newsletter mailing lists, or remove yourself (opt-out) at any time through the subscription management page (this page will display all of your newsletter subscriptions) or by following the instructions at the end of the newsletters you receive. Please allow 3-5 business days for changes to take effect.
Third Party and Affiliated Links
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites, products or services.
Our Service contains external links to other content creators, suppliers, advertisers and affiliates (Digital Offerings). We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the content of, or information gathered by, these other Digital Offerings. We do not endorse any of these Digital Offerings or the products or services associated with such Digital Offerings merely because they are linked to/from MedForums. Third parties may collect user data directly from you for their own use and subject to their own privacy policies. We recommend that you review the privacy policies of these third parties before providing any of your personal information.
You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page, and if you want to you can opt-out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin.
Visitors to MedForums can decide if they want to receive promotional information from MedForums. On the visitor registration pages, prospective visitors can choose not to receive advertising and promotional information from MedForums. Should visitors choose to receive advertising and promotional e-mails from MedForums, any e-mail they receive will include instructions on how to be removed from a MedForums promotional e-mail list. If you continue receiving email after opting out, please contact us at admin@MedForum.com.
As a MedForums user you can choose to receive relevant offers, including offers via email, telephone and/or other channels, for MedForums affiliates’ publications, seminars, events, Digital Offerings and other services. From time to time, we are also able to secure and offer to our users an especially-negotiated discounts and new products from other leading companies. If you would prefer not to receive such offers in the future, you can opt-out via the offers email.
Online Ad Serving - We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit MedForums. These companies may use information (not including your name, address email address or telephone number) about your visits to MedForums and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here: http://www.networkadvertising.org/consumer/opt_out.asp
Cookies and Web Beacons
To enrich and perfect your online experience, MedForums, Inc. uses "Cookies", similar technologies and services provided by others to display personalized content, appropriate advertising and store your preferences on your computer.
MedForums uses temporary, session-specific cookies to ensure visits to its website are smooth and customized for the visitor. Such cookies allow us to provide a visitor’s browser with information tailored to the visitor’s preferences and needs. MedForums also uses permanent or persistent cookies that remain on a visitor’s computer after the visitor leaves a MedForums website.
Notwithstanding any other provision, we may also engage a data provider who may collect web log data from you (including IP address and information about your browser or operating system), or place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser to enable you to receive customized ads or content. These cookies contain no personal information. The cookies may reflect de-identified demographic or other data linked to data you voluntarily have submitted to us, e.g., your email address that we may share with a data provider solely in hashed, non-human readable form. To opt-out of these data cookies, please go to http://www.aboutads.info/choices
The cookies are classified in the following categories:
· Strictly Necessary Cookies
· Performance Cookies
· Functional Cookies
· Targeting Cookies
You can opt-out of each cookie category, with the exception of strictly necessary cookies, by clicking on the “cookie settings” on each applicable MedForums website.
“Do Not Track” Requests
Some web browsers have a “Do Not Track” feature. This feature allows you to tell websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked over time and across websites. These features are not yet uniform across browsers. As this is a browser setting, MedForums does not monitor or respond to “Do Not Track” requests.
California Privacy Rights
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) provides consumers (i.e., California residents) with specific rights, subject to some limitations and the verification of their identity, regarding their personal data:
1. Consumers have the right to request access to the specific pieces of personal information MedForums has collected, disclosed or sold about them in the last twelve (12) months, including the categories of information, sources and business purposes of collection, as well as the categories of third parties to whom MedForums has disclosed or shared the personal information.
2. Consumers have the right to request the deletion of their personal information (subject to certain exceptions).
3. Consumers have the right to opt-out of the sale of their personal data.
4. Consumers have the right to receive equal service and price and not be discriminated against for exercising their privacy rights under the CCPA.
In order for MedForums to process an “Exercise Your Rights Request,” MedForums will make a reasonable effort to confirm your identity before processing your request. We will verify your request by matching your name and email address you provide in your request against the name and email address we have in our system. Please submit your requests by contacting us at this toll-free number, Phone: +1 (888) 914-9661 PIN: 575 831, or by using the “Exercise Your Rights” interactive web form.
You may designate an authorized agent to make an “Exercise Your Rights” request on your behalf in accordance with the CCPA. MedForums may require that you provide the authorized agent with written permission to act on your behalf and that the authorized agent verify their identity directly with us.
We may share your personal information with third-party partners in ways that may constitute a “sale” under CCPA. You may request that we not “sell” your personal information going forward. Please submit requests by using the “Exercise Your Rights” interactive web form.
When you submit an “Exercise Your Rights” Request, MedForums will do its best to respond to your request as soon as possible, and, in any event, no later than forty-five (45) days after receiving your request. You may only make a request twice within a twelve (12) month calendar year.
After we have completed reviewing your request, we may store the information we provide to you for a reasonable amount of time after fulfilling your request in case you have additional inquiries. After the information is no longer necessary, we will automatically delete this information from our records.
Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code permits California residents to request from a business, with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, certain information about the types of personal information the business has shared with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year. Please submit requests by using the “Exercise Your Rights” interactive web form.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
MedForums is in compliance with the requirements of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act. As a business-to-business company, we do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. On-line registration and Digital Offering usage is restricted to adults who are professionally engaged in the businesses we serve.
Notification of Changes
Your Acceptance of these Terms
If MedForums, Inc., or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, or in the unlikely event that MedForums, Inc. goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of MedForums, Inc. may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
1192 East Draper Parkway STE #325,
Draper UT, 84020, United States